Using Our Facilities
Facility Use Guidelines
- Parents are responsible for the actions of their children. Appropriate supervision is required.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times in all YMCA program areas.
- Food and drink (except water) are not permitted in YMCA program areas at any time.
- The Shelby County Family YMCA is a smoke-free campus (this includes electronic cigarettes)
- Youth under the age of 10 must be accompanied at all times by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult 18 years of age or older, unless involved in a YMCA class or supervised activity.
- Youth age 10-13 are permitted in designated areas of the YMCA as long as a parent, guardian, or responsible adult remains on the YMCA premises.
- Children age five and above must use the locker room of their own sex. A unisex dressing area is available.
- YOU MUST BE 14 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO BE AT THE YMCA WITHOUT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
- 24/7 Key Fob: 18 years of age and older, must be a member in good standing, signed contract required.
- Gyms: 10 years of age and older. For youth ages 10-13, a parent must be on the premises. Parent must accompany children younger than 10 years old.
- Swimming Pool: For youth ages 10-13, a parent must be on the premises. For youth ages 7-9, a parent must be in the viewing area or on the pool deck. Parent must be in the water with children under the age of 7.
- Sauna: 18 years of age and older.
- Lap Lane: 16 years of age and older.
- Indoor Walking/Running Track: 8 years of age and older. Youth 8-13 years of age are permitted on the track when accompanied by the parent. Children under 8 years of age are not permitted on the track at any time.
- Wellness Center: 10 years of age and older. For their safety, youth 10-17 years old must receive prior orientation from staff and youth 10-12 years old must be accompanied at all times with parent or guardian.
- Free Weight Area: 15 years of age and older. Youth 15-17 years old must have an orientation and sign parent/teen waiver.